The original article was posted in The Herald Times, but below are a few points that we found important to touch upon. To read the full article, click here.
A few simple truths about life sciences in Bloomington:
- Individuals like Bill Cook shaped â€œlife sciencesâ€ in Btown before anybody crafted the term.
- Bloomington was an early adopter, but is no longer alone and competition is growing.
- Manufacturing lines need more workers who are qualified.
- New laboratories need researchers today.
- The small life sciences companies need more capital ASAP.
The problem is that changes are not being made fast enough…
â€œIt is not something that we can do overnight,â€ said Danise Alano, director of life sciences at City Hall. â€œBut we are in this together to make this cluster as strong as it can be.â€